When To Call & Why
When to call the doctor?
- Vomiting/Diarrhea - two or more times and unable to keep fluids down
- Severe unexplained pain (headaches, abdominal pain, chest pain, etc)
- New onset seizures
- Unexplained drowsiness or fatigue
Why schedule a visit with the doctor?
- For early detection of developmental delays
- Early detection of vision and hearing problems
- Early diagnosis and treatment of childhood diseases
- Yearly physicals to closely monitor growth and development
- Social development
- Psychological concerns or questions
- Safety education
- Establishing rapport and trust with your caregiver